Author Topic: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane  (Read 66060 times)

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 03:10:50 AM »
Finally got some good news from shipper, motor/trans went out the 12th of this month, frame goes this coming week, 18th of Dec and the rest of the items go out the week just before New Year's.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:12:21 AM by fuzzy »
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »
After sending a couple of inquires, I finally got a response from the shipper in LA.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
The end of the shipping saga is slowly coming to an end.  Shipper told me on Saturday that the kit is all cleared and sitting safe and sound in a wharehouse here in Jakarta, waiting to be delivered to my house...Only one catch, gotta pay shipping first.  So not a problem right...until you look at the bill and see the total of $ 16,002.70.    Say what?  We were expecting around 12 grand with all the incidentals included but there are a couple of mystery charges there to be worked out.. That was only from LA to Indonesia.  Try $500 big ones from warehouse to home....have to remember this stuff was all crated though from Hurricane and the total weight including the motor and trannie is 5,730 pounds.  We will see if we can chip a bit away from the total and get this bad boy in the driveway in the next 10 days or so.  Hopefully will post pictures of it being off loaded  next... Ken

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM2023, Builder of HM1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
Ken,
Bet you don't want to know how much the rental on the U-Haul trailer was when I "delivered" my car.

Course, the only salt water involved was that left at the rest stop on I-70.

I can't imagine how big the grin will be on your face. Talk about anticipation. You've been working up to this for how many months?

Best Wishes

Paul
HM1078
https://65shlb.com   Documentation of a period correct build
https://prdcrrct.com  Affordable period correct components

cobraspit

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 11:27:59 PM »
hi fuz eric here didnt mean to be away winter dulls my senses anyway am i reading that delivery alone was 16k or what?  dang that is about the kit price alone
gee whilikers ill send some coins your way soon as a pay off the irs. well on a new year and season time to grind again remember BYAO.
typn' at you later the pics look cool   :)
cs.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 01:58:17 AM »
Have had plenty of time to fiddle around so built a body buck, thanks to Ryan and Paul for their dimensions and ideas.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 01:59:56 AM by fuzzy »

BIGDADDYFROG

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
Fuzzy , it's great to hear that the car is in. I'll post some pics of mine so you can see how that bowtie fits in soooooo sweeeeeet. Lets stay in touch. BDF
HM1111 Chevy 350/ 330HP 5 spd Tremec 3.55 rear.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 06:08:23 AM »
Examined the crates on Saturday, still working on prices, some one had opened the crates even though I was promised it would not happen, luckily it was the chassis crate.  This is how they were packed by Hurricane for shipping half way around the world.  Hope to have delivery on Sat. the 24th.  Now if they can just keep from dropping them in the driveway, would give new meaning to the phrase "drop shipment"  :o

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
Ah, the joy of turning 60, went out of a peaceful dinner at my favorite buffet with the wife and get out of the elevator and wow, all our friends were there for a surprise birthday party, what a wonderful surprise, then just after dinner, the wife tells me she transferred money to the shipping compay and they will deliver on Saturday, double wow...and here it is, Saturday evening and crates are in the garage and the carport.  Attached are some photos, really packed heavy duty by Hurricane for half way around the world.  Left Lee's Summit in Oct. , sat in LA for three months then another long wait in Singapore and then 2 weeks here to clear and now we tear the crates apart, did the chassis crate today, 3 hours of undoing.....Probably take me a week to get it all undone.  Guys at Hurricane did a great job of protecting the car from what we can tell today, tomorrow will be the real test when we can see the body....attached photos, check out the safety foot wear on the driver of the forklift truck...

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 12:10:26 PM »
OSHA approved Indonesian style safety shoes

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
too small of a fork lift but still managed, tried to tell the company that the crates were 176" long and 2500 pounds but hey, what do I know.....crates were too wide to fit in our 12 foot wide gate so had to go in end first, part of the time the rear wheels of the forklift were off the ground and we steered it by pushing the sides of the crate in front.....it worked

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »
under cover

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
the body crate comes last

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
steering by pushing the crate front left or right, rear steering wheels off ground, driver couldn't see anything....but in Indonesia, where there is a will, there is a way.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
everything in, under cover and in one piece...time to open crates and count parts