Public Area > Build Pictures

HM2034 build ...another Texas Hurricane

(1/71) > >>

Bruce N:
Its a little early but figured I'd start to document the process and learn how to post and what not. I followed a few of the others with the body buck but went a step further. Have a bunch of rigid metal conduit out in the barn so welded up a frame with that. I had an electric wench I used when building the FFR 35 hot rod truck. I used it to remove and install that body several times and was able to do by myself without to much trouble. I'll build a cradle or some sort of sling once I get the car. Ive been looking at a few million colors and think Ive decided on a BMW (Marina Bay Blue) and a little blue pearl, with black stripes and some highlight color pin stripes on the main stripes. I ordered some paint to do test panels and try out different colors for the pin stripes to see what I like best. The picture below doesn't  do it justice but the color looks awesome in the sun. If you google that color you'll see a bunch of examples.

I'll start picking up drive train parts and pieces and start putting that together.

Now all I need is a Cobra!

s_reynolds:
Paint looks awesome just from the pic.

FFR428:
That's a nice blue!

Bruce N:
Got my long block delivered today so was able to tinker a bit and put the top end together. have a bunch of parts coming this week so will be able to keep busy this weekend messing with it.

Bruce N:
Worked on the engine a little today. I always build my own wire looms cause I just cant fine ones that organize the way I like. I sure hate the distributor being in front! I knew there was a reason Ive always been a Chevy guy. Someting new to learn  :) And found another purpose for the body buck. Works well to hang small parts from for paint! Took me all day to do one side. Will finish the other tomorrow. Something to keep me busy on cold wet weekend  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version