Author Topic: Finish Line Accessories  (Read 114 times)

aarvig

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Finish Line Accessories
« on: December 27, 2020, 07:55:35 pm »
I am just posting a recommendation to stay away from this company. I ordered some items from them in early December and they have not shipped them.  They also have not returned phone calls or emails.  Additionally, they have not responded to PayPal intervention. 
Now I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear Lord, protect my hide.

FFR428

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM-2027
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finish Line Accessories
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 12:39:43 am »
I've seen this a few times recently. Sad to see. Enzo and Paula were great in the old days. He passed away and she sold it a few years later. Think to the current owner. I'm sure covid has not made things easy either with delays and such. Hope you get things sorted out with your order!
HM2027. Street model. 427 FE. Toploader 4 sp.

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 09:15:21 am »
I've seen similar comments on the Club Cobra website. My impression is that it is pretty much a one man operation and you are correct, the response is hit or miss, but I think customers usually finally get their parts but it is frustrating as the feed back is not good. If the parts are on back order, he just doesn't respond until the parts come in so you don't know a status and other similar things happen.

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM 1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 08:01:06 pm »
Aaron & All
I have been supplying things to Finishline and have seen the gradual decline as Taylor took over the company. I decided to change my distribution to the end-users rather than solely supplying to resellers and manufacturers. Period Correct doesn't have a full line (yet) but many of the items Finishline had are now available here: https://prdcrrct.com

If you have a particular need that isn't on the website, let me know, there are a number of items that I have fully finished yet and ready for publication but may have them on the shelf

Paul Proefrock
https://65shlb.com   Documentation of a period correct build
https://prdcrrct.com  Affordable period correct components

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 10:13:25 am »
Paul, glad to see you are stepping up in this area. I know you will provide great customer service. Good Luck!!

FFR428

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM-2027
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 12:55:07 pm »
Paul yes best of luck with your new venture. There has been a void in this market. Very few to buy from. Wish you the very best! And I will be a customer at some point.
HM2027. Street model. 427 FE. Toploader 4 sp.

aarvig

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 11:42:51 pm »
Paul,
Glad to see someone with some passion filling this void.  I am sure you will provide excellent service.  My case is in the process of being settled.  Taylor called me several days ago and said he would ship everything same day and that I would get an email with shipping information.  Well...it never came.  So PayPal is working on refunding my money. 
Depending on the outcome of this I may be calling you for parts.  I'll keep you posted.  For sure, for my future needs, I'll be contacting you.
Now I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear Lord, protect my hide.