Author Topic: Fuel injection/Fuel lines  (Read 125 times)

Kruse

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fuel injection/Fuel lines
« on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:41 am »
Anyone have pictures of how you ran your fuel lines for fuel injection, feed and return? Thanks.
lead builder

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM 1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
Re: Fuel injection/Fuel lines
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:55:32 pm »
Sorry, no pictures, but details:

Ran supply line down left inside frame rail to just ahead of motor mount. Flex hose to vertical hard line on front of engine.

Mounted pressure regulator on firewall, center. Return line comes out bottom, over to side of drivers footbox and down to inside left frame rail and then back to tank.

Two lines run parallel along frame, about 1" apart. Fuel filter mounted in upper feed line, near forward X Frame mount.

I used an Aeromotive Stealth fuel pump system that puts pump in tank and feed and return lines are at top of tank.

Paul

Russ Crouch

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fuel injection/Fuel lines
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:27:18 pm »
Jason,
Like Paul I don't  have pics.
I am running an MSD Atomic system with the fuel return and their external 600HP pump option. The filter and pump are mounted on the diagonal cross-brace between the tank and pumpkin. The non-metalic fuel lines provided with the optional fuel return system runs along the inside of the passenger side frame rail and anchored with rubber insulated mounting straps. The fuel regulator is mounted on the firewall in the tank return line. The fuel supply and return connections on the MSD Atomic throttle body are located on the passenger side of the throttle body similar to a carberator.

Except for fuel starvation on WOT and hard left turns when fuel level is less than 1/2 tank, it works very well. I am getting 12.5 to 13.5 MPG with my FE 427 side-oiler stroked to 451.

I would like to see an available optional fuel tank for fuel injection applications to address the fuel starvation issue.

Best regards
Russ C
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:30:08 pm by Russ Crouch »
HM-2018 - build has started
427/451 FE Side Oiler + TKO-600 0.82
9" solid axle 3.50:1 limited slip
Willwood 12.25" New brakes
15" Vintage Wheels - pin drive