Author Topic: HM2023 Build Thread  (Read 2964 times)

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM 1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
Re: HM2023 Build Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2020, 07:09:01 pm »
Nick
That was one of the motivating factors to do it. On my first build, I had the ECU mounted upside down on the top of the footbox and every time I wanted to do something on it, I had to lay on my back. Getting too old for that.

I have a buddy who put the EPAS on his Factory Five and he gave me a unit with all the pieces. It's laying on the footbox right now to see if its worth the issues to put it in. I want to hide it so I maintain the originality, plus there's no room in the engine bay for it - too full of motor  ;D

I'll keep you informed

Paul
https://65shlb.com   Documentation of a period correct build
https://prdcrrct.com  Affordable period correct components

njperrone

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2020, 06:39:17 am »
Paul,

I'm seriously looking at adding EPAS under the dash too - you're correct there's no room under the hood! Please Post if you do decide to add it under the dash. I would love to see how you attach it to the frame and how you clock it to be hidden - I agree I don't want to see it either. The reason I was on the forum yesterday was to see if anyone had pics with the dash removed to see if it looked like there is room. You're lucky in that you have the brake and clutch peddles coming from the floor - mine are old style and hang from under the dash. 

Can you tell me what EPAS you have? I see they also have kits available for the EPAS to add the speed sensor so it will adjust the assist according to speed vs. the potentiometer.

HM1109
Engine CJ429
Trans TKO600 .082
Diff 9" 3.50 Gear

Bob Worley

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM2008 build in progress!
    • View Profile
    • bobworley.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2020, 06:41:07 pm »