Author Topic: New build HM-2022  (Read 240 times)

Dick Bryant

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
New build HM-2022
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:29:28 pm »
Hello everyone. I have threatened to build a Cobra for 25 years and have finally started the process. Looking at the various kits, I had decided on Hurricane quite some time ago when it was located in Lees Summit Missouri. As life kind of got in the way, I lost track of Hurricane, but finally a couple years ago, finding it again in Lake City, I decided now was the time. Reading online of kit quality and of virtually everything that is included, sold me. It was delivered by a couple of good guys, Alec and Jason, on 6/13/18. I appreciated all their help.
It will be a short time before the build starts as I am about finished with my 71 Mach 1. I am sure I will have some build questions occasionally. Everyone seems very helpful on the forum so if you will all allow me to rely on your previous build expertise on those odd questions I will most likely ask, it will be greatly appreciated.
I am pleased to be part of the Hurricane family and hopefully will be able to meet some of you folks along the way.

Russ Rittimann

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New build HM-2022
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:55:55 am »
Welcome Dick.  You made an excellent choice with Hurricane.  I've never regretted making that decision.  Great bunch of guys at Hurricane.

If you need any assistance with your build, just ask.  There are plenty of us that have and/or going thru the build process and can provide plenty of assistance.

Where are you located?

Russ
HM-2005
Russ
HM-2005
KC-408, Tremec 600, IRS

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:32:11 am »
Dick, welcome aboard!! Enjoy the build/ride.

Sam
HM1076

mandmGuys

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 10:05:52 am »
Welcome, ask away it what were here for.

Dick Bryant

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 06:37:12 pm »
Thanks everyone. I am located in Illinois. The area is referred to as the Quad Cities, where I-80 crosses from Illinois to Iowa on the Mississippi river. My first question is about bucking the body. I see there are evidently some plans out there for building one. Does anyone know where I might find them. 
Thanks in advance. 

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM 1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 07:56:42 pm »
Dick
Welcome to the group. Hope to meet you someday, I am in Saint Louis and get into the Quad City area on occasion.

I have details on the body buck on my website, 65shlb.com

The page with the info is in the support equipment area: http://65shlb.com/bodybuck/

Paul Proefrock

Dick Bryant

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 09:49:05 pm »
Thank you Paul. I will check your site and start building.

You are only about 4-1/2 hours down the road from me. I would look forward to meeting you some day, when you're in the area and have some time.

Thanks again!