Author Topic: Jay Nordstrom  (Read 3295 times)

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM 1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
Jay Nordstrom
« on: December 27, 2015, 12:13:25 pm »
I am sad to post info on the passing of Jay Nordstrom. Those who were around during the transition of Hurricane Motorsports from Lees Summit to Dallas to Lake City will know and remember Jay. He was instrumental in keeping Hurricane brand alive and helping it find a new home with Mike & Steve. Those who go back to the Lees Summit days will also know him as being one of the "reviewers" who offered design input on the origination of the vehicle.

Jay was very well known in the Cobra community and we Hurricane owners will always be in debt to him for all he did for the brand.

Rest in Peace, my friend

Paul Proefrock
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:15:34 pm by Paul Proefrock »
https://65shlb.com   Documentation of a period correct build
https://prdcrrct.com  Affordable period correct components

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jay Nordstrom
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 10:12:47 am »
Sad. I saw the announcement on CC. I only spoke with Jay once during the transition period and he was very helpful. I'm sorry I never got a chance to meet him. By all accounts he was a very fine person. RIP.

Sam

Bob Worley

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM2008 build is done! (for now)
    • View Profile
    • bobworley.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 08:59:27 pm »
Jay was the primary reason I bought into Hurricane after dreaming of owning a cobra for 20 years.  He assured me the new company would treat me right, it was a quality product for the price, and he was right on all points.    I've known him for 15 years and and he was one of a kind for sure. He had a heart as big as Texas, would give anyone the shirt off his back.  I will surely miss him.

mandmGuys

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 07:29:38 am »
Ditto on what Bobby said that was the Jay that I knew. He was the one who shared that this whole Cobra thing is about more than a car, its a family.

God speed

Mark
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:09:15 am by mandmGuys »

MFE III

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM #1053
    • MSN Messenger - mferieg@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:36 pm »
I have never met Jay but did know of his contribution to the Cobra community and Hurricane in particular.
He will be missed.
RIP my brother
HM 1053; 427w, TKO 600 (.82) IRS Cobra hybrid . . . burns both rubber and gas

mrobbins

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 09:59:41 am »
 I didn't know Jay well but he came to my house and picked my car up and took it to Dallas and had new paint and carpet installed at his expense during the Lee's Summit-Dallas Texas
move . I called him and thanked him and he said .........Go enjoy your car Mike and come see me .  What a guy ! ........My car will forever be to me , HM1121 Jay Nordstrom Special Edition.