Author Topic: HM 1076 Build Pics  (Read 12841 times)

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
HM 1076 Build Pics
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
Ok, several have asked if I had any build pics to post, so I'll give it a try. Hope it works.

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM 1076 Build Pics
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »
Ok..got one to post, but tried to attach 4, so will try again.

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »
Ok..now I've got the hang of it. Here are a few more.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »
Impressive Sam, everything is very neat and well thought out.  You are way ahead of me for sure.  Your tub for the trunk sure looks a lot different than mine, mine is all uneven across the top, didn't match up with the back of the seat tub and chipped and rough all around the  rear.  Guess those months in a container took a toll on mine.  Your dash looks nice, what is the switch on the far right for?  Passenger ejection seat?   :)
How is your body work going?
ken
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »
Ken, thanks for your comments. The black knob on the far right (there is also one on the left) is a pull/push knob the opens and closes a shut off valve I fabbed for the foot box ventilation. When the fans are on to put fresh air into the foot box area the knob is pulled out to allow the air to flow. When the fan is off, the knob is pushed in to shut off any air flow to the foot box so in cool weather (something you don't have to worry about) there is no air flow. There is also a switch under the dash near the knobs that turns the fans on and off as needed. The body work is coming along fine, just taking too long. The wheel inserts where painted last week and still need to be clear coated, but the rest of the body parts are going to get a second coat of primer/filler and then sanded again before final paint. Below is a pic of the wheel inserts.

Sam

mandmGuys

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:33:13 AM »
Hey Sam looking good. One question what are you using for the fresh air system at the foot boxes? Is that something you bought or made, it looks different than the other I have seen.

Mark

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
Pretty impressive the way that works, not much use here unless we put a/c in and even that would only be a foot cooler.  Usually about 92 or so when we are out and about. Cools off nicely in the evening to mid or low 80's and you wouldn't believe the amount of folks with sweaters or light coats on, its all relative and depends on how long you've been somewhere.
I was reading somewhere but can't remember but I thought the article said the aluminum coated side was supposed to face down but I gues all the ones I've seen here have it facing up.  I put it in my old beater shiny side down and it works great.  Didn't have a sticky side on the back so used a quality contact cement on the shiny side.   I'm learning something new each day, I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks.  Hope you can get it out at least once before the weather goes too bac on you.  You've got a quality build there. Keep the pictures coming.
ken

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
Ken, the alum. heat shld. I used has a thin foam backing that is sticky so I put the sticky side down. Somebody else had used it on their car and that's the way it was installed. At this point, that's the way it is going to be.

Mark, the foot box ventilation is really hi-tech. It is two boat bilge blowers from Overton's, 3" alum. flex duct from Lowes/Home Depot, and the elbows are 45 degree  3" elbows I found at Wal Mart in the RV parts section. I fabbed some shut off valves from alum, and 1/4" rod and then made the push/pull from the two manual choke kits I bought from Advance Auto Parts. The elbows with the valve are mounted on the foot box and the other elbows are mounted on the fender liner at the front.

Sam

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
Sam, Keep the pictures coming! Looking great! Im sure it will turn out perfect with all the attention to details you are putting into it.

Dusty

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 02:57:09 PM »
OK, my friend and master painter came over this week and I have attached some pics of the results so far on the body. Also, I attached a pic of our high tech paint booth as well. The fist couple of pics are after base coat. The last two are after clear coat. We still have to rub it out and will then add the stripes.

Sam

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
One more.

Dusty

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
Wow! Sam that looks great! Doesn't look like long and you will be doing the final touches. Hope everything keeps going as well as it looks.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 11:44:23 PM »
That's really impressive Sam, can't wait to see the finished body....are you going to go with stripes too?  You have officially left me in the dust.
ken    :)

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 08:08:33 AM »
Ken, yes there will be dark mettallic gray stripes. Will keep you posted as we make progress.

Sam

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 02:20:47 AM »
Ours will probably be British Racing  Green but not sure if we are going with stripes, been thinking about doing some bit lighter green stripes by adding a bit of silver to the  paint...still up in the air.  Can't wait to see yours out in the sun with the stripes on...should be a stunner