Author Topic: Ohio Raffle Car  (Read 14272 times)

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ohio Raffle Car
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »
I heard that it was going to be ready to pick up on Friday LOL
George

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 09:44:02 pm »
OK Folks!!  Tickets for the 2013 London Cobra Show raffle car are now available on line at www.londoncobrashow.com  don't be shy. This will be a fine car and a great addition to any garage. We all know how great the Hurricanes are and this one is no exception. All proceeds go to a very worthwhile and deserving charity, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We are cruising for a cure!  Thanks for your support !
George
HM 1108

Bob Worley

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM2008 build in progress!
    • View Profile
    • bobworley.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 07:19:14 am »
OK Folks!!  Tickets for the 2013 London Cobra Show raffle car are now available on line at www.londoncobrashow.com  don't be shy. This will be a fine car and a great addition to any garage. We all know how great the Hurricanes are and this one is no exception. All proceeds go to a very worthwhile and deserving charity, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We are cruising for a cure!  Thanks for your support !
George
HM 1108

Check your www.londoncarshow.com URL in your post.  It is directing to ftp://  , not http://

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 08:39:30 am »

OK Folks!!  Tickets for the 2013 London Cobra Show raffle car are now available on line at www.londoncobrashow.com don't be shy. This will be a fine car and a great addition to any garage. We all know how great the Hurricanes are and this one is no exception. All proceeds go to a very worthwhile and deserving charity, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We are cruising for a cure!  Thanks for your support !
George
HM 1108

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:45 am »
Thanks Bob, don't know how that happened, but I think it is fixed now. ???

George

MFE III

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM #1053
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:15 am »
Rusty, looking at the dash, I'm glad to see HM got rid of that fugly GM light switch!
Car is looking good
HM 1053; 427w, TKO 600 (.82) IRS Cobra hybrid . . . burns both rubber and gas

builder

• Global Moderator
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:51 pm »
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been slacking on updates :P Well It is completely wired up, body is here, put some of the lights on the body and hopefully tomorrow I will be mating the body to the go cart! If anyone wants more pictures just ask as I have a couple hundred of the complete build ;D

builder

• Global Moderator
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 10:49:41 am »
Been a while since I have posted anything on here :-[ So I thought I would post one picture ;D

Russ Rittimann

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 04:49:27 pm »
Dusty --

I'm impressed, that was an awfully quick build.  When did you start, in October??  Looks really good.  Nice work.  This should get the ticket sales up.

-- Russ
Russ
HM-2005
KC-408, Tremec 600, IRS

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 05:00:37 am »
It really going to look nice sitting in George's garage waiting for me to come back every summer.....but you guys should still buy tickets so it doesn't look like i rigged it or anything    ::)
ken
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

builder

• Global Moderator
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 06:46:48 am »
Russ and everyone,
I had an idea that Hurricane was going to be building the raffle car but got the go ahead October 2nd! It was helpful knowing ahead so I could get some of the frame precut and I always have some items premade. While I was doing some assembly the body shop was doing bodywork and paint. I would've been done but there has been some minor set backs but I am working on finishing asap. I want this car to be great as it is for a great cause so get out there and buy your tickets! 
Fuzzy, I am not sure I want my car sitting in George's garage but you are more then welcome to come to Iowa and ride in it with me ;D
Dusty

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 08:53:16 am »
Hey Dusty,   
My wife told me if I decide to buy even more raffles tickets, maybe I had better think again. Something about just ordering another Hurricane for her so we would now where our baby was each night instead of worrying about the company it was keeping.  Ya'll better buy a heap of tickets to better your odds though,  'cause I'm feeling lucky.....
 8)
ken

on the side though, even if we don't win here in the "family", we win cause we get another family member and it all goes to a good cause.  And Dusty, thank you on behalf of the whole Hurricane family for doing such an amazing job for a car that gets given away.

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 09:21:36 am »
Fuzzy and Dusty,
Thanks for your comments. We are starting to get some tickets sold. These tickets would make great stocking stuffers for Christmas. All of my family is going to get one.
Tickets can be purchased on line at www.londoncobrashow.com or www.ohiocobraclub.com Thanks for all your support!
Registration for the show is open now. we would like to see everyone there!

On behalf of the Ohio Cobra Club, Thanks for your support and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
George

PS: who ever wins the car is welcome to park it in my garage! Dusty, I will take GOOD care of it! ;D ;D

builder

• Global Moderator
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »
Ken,
I hope you are lucky enough to win it!!! But I will be happy for the winner as I know it is one nice car even if I did build it ;) And thank you, I am doing the best I can and not just for Hurricane but for a great club and organization!

George, If I win it you can park it in your garage till I drive it home ;D And I would even let you be the first to drive it, if you hadn't already :o

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 08:03:34 am »
All in good fun, hope there are alot of tickets sold, I passed mine to my brother so he can get over selling his Boxster and get in a real car.  Hope everyone here gets at least one.  I can't drive it anyway with having a manual trans, can't shift anymore with bum knee, hence they always call me shiftless.   ;D
Hoping all members have a joyous and merry Christmas and we can all keep the families and friends of places like Sandy Hook in our prayers.  Lets hope and pray that 2013 will be  a peaceful year for the USA
one advantage to living in Indonesia is we get to celebrate Christmas and New Year's 11-12 hours ahead of you guys.  :) but then April 15th comes earlier too.
Have a great Holiday
Ken  aka Fuzzy