Author Topic: London Show - 2012  (Read 11286 times)

Mike Watts

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: London Show - 2012
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 09:44:58 PM »
 :'( :'(Sorry guy's I can't be at the LCS this year. I had a heart attack on 5/23 and had to have two stints put in. I will be going thru Cardiac rehab during that time. Maybe next year.  Luckily I was only about 6 minutes from the hospital when it happened instead of being home which is 35 minutes away. I hope everyone has a good time.
HM-1064

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »
Mike, sorry to hear about your heart attack, but glad you were close to the hospital and everything seems to be ok. Good luck with the rehab. I'm sure you will be feeling like new shortly.

Regards, Sam

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »
Mike, sorry to hear about your attack! With the history of my family having heart problems, I worry about myself. Glad that you were close to help and hope that your rehab goes well.

George

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
The 2012 London Cobra Show is getting close. Ticket sales are way down this year guys, go on line (http://www.londoncobrashow.com) and help support the research to fight Cystic Fibrosis by purchasing a raffle ticket. The raffle is not a Hurricane, but you could sell it and maybe get a Hurricane.
Thanks,
George Daulton
HM1108

njperrone

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »
I'm sorry to say that I have to bail on the show this year. Just too many things going on this summer...

Hope you all have a safe trip and a great time. maybe next year!

nick
HM1109
Engine CJ429
Trans TKO600 .082
Diff 9" 3.50 Gear

Steve Sinnard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »
What is everyone's plan for Friday?  There are several different cruises and it would be fun if the Hurricane's all went on one together.  Here is the link with the options.

http://www.londoncobrashow.com/Default.aspx?pt=PLO1&pid=3

The Hocking Hills, Clifton Mill or Castles and Caves look good.  I am not familiar with any of these so does anyone have any input?  I do want to have the Hurricane Factory car at the Quaker Steak and Lube event at about 4:00 or a little after.

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM2023, Builder of HM1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »
Steve,
We are on the road about 7AM on Friday to get there. Anticipate pulling into Hampton parking lot around 2:30pm Eastern time.  I'd love to do the Hocking Hills cruise but can't get there soon enough.

What about everyone else?  Quaker Steak run? as a group?

Paul
https://65shlb.com   Documentation of a period correct build
https://prdcrrct.com  Affordable period correct components

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
Steve, we'll be getting to the Hampton Inn sometime late Thurs. afternoon, but will not have my car with me as it is not complete yet (close, but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades). Looking forward to seeing the Hurricane gang and other Hurricane owners.

Sam

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM2023, Builder of HM1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »
Good time in London

Some of the highlights below. How many manufacturers display trailer comes with a functioning fireplace :o That's Sam Reynolds along with Steve standing in front of it.

The red car in the booth belongs to Dave Firebaugh of Wooster, OH.  Talk about an attention getter, it is the most spectacular Candy Apple Red you've ever seen.

Steve, Dusty, thanks for the good times and hospitality

Paul
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:28:06 PM by Paul Proefrock »
https://65shlb.com   Documentation of a period correct build
https://prdcrrct.com  Affordable period correct components

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 07:21:34 AM »
I will have to second Paul's comments on the good time at London. It was good to meet Paul and his lovely wife Cindy and to see Paul's spectacular car (it's even better than the pictures indicate on his web site) and to see George Daulton and his charming wife Becky again. Also to meet Dave and his wife and see his fantastic Hurricane. Of course it is always a pleasure to hang out with the Hurricane crew Steve and Dusty and enjoy their company and hospitality. Although I must tell you that Dusty made me drink some bad sour mash Thurs. night that had me not feeling too well on Fri. (wasn't up to drinking anymore sour mash until Sat. night!). It was all his fault. It was a great show this year and the raffle car was amazing, even if I didn't win it.

Regards, Sam

Dusty

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 07:33:07 AM »
I would like to thanks to all of the Hurricane car owners that did make the show. It was great experience and can't wait for us all to get together again!

Sam, I think you should be blaming Steve for that high octane (that you brought) fuel and not letting any of us lag behind! lol

A special thanks to Paul and David for giving up their cars for the day in order to fill the Hurricane booth.

George, thank you for all the hospitality and doing all you do to help out the OCC. I am sure it is alot of work and somedays seems overwhelming but you always seem to get through with a smile on your face.

I also would like to say thank you to you ALL but most of all, tell all your wives thank you for putting up with each and everyone us and our habits ;D

Dusty

trainer7620

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
Another year and another show has passed!  We at OCC and myself personally would like to thank all of you guys for coming to the London Show. We had a great show and it was good to see all of you! The winner of the raffle car is George E Smith from Ma. You can see a video of the drawing on www.londonshow.com  Allen Grant talked to him on Sunday morning.  Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you guys. Maybe next year. Thanks again for coming to Ohio, the weather the show and the company were all great. We were able to donate $40,000.00 to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! I hope everyone made it home safely. I think I will go and crash for a couple days before we start planning for next year.

Thanks again guys,
George

(Oh, the helicopter was still looking for Dusty on Sunday)

Steve Sinnard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
Hurricane had a great show in London this year and a big thanks goes out to Paul Proefrock and Dave Firebaugh for dispalying their cars with us.  We had a great set up and a lot of activity.  I cannot tell you how many times we heard "what is that red color?"  Dave's car draws a crowd.  It's candy apple red with a gold base, by the way.  Here are some pictures.

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
By the way....I don't know if the OCC thanked George, but he did a tremendous amount of work hauling the raffle car around to the various promotional events as well as other activities and was up and on the road to London with the rafffle car at 5AM on Sat. (way too early for me!!). His wife Becky was also kept busy until late Fri. night with registration and then collecting raffle ticket and auction money until late Sat. night...so they should be recognized for their effort to make the LCS the success that it was. Thanks Becky and George!!