Author Topic: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane  (Read 66075 times)

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »
number 3, note steering column on right side of car
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:47:49 AM by fuzzy »
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 08:44:18 AM »
and number 4......and to think it all has to be taken apart again and packed in crates....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:47:08 AM by fuzzy »

Chris D

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM # 1094
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »
Fuzzy...saw your car at HMS last weekend when I was picking up 1094.  Crazy setup.

Chris

danc30

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM-1073
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »
Hey Ken,
Cool looking car.  Bet you can't wait to get your hands on it.

One comment, the gas pedal looks like it is going to be a bear to use.  The footbox frame is directly underneath it.  Maybe the guys at HMS can do the mod that Jim did to give a little more comfort for you?

I would also ask if the brake and clutch pedals could be moved to the left as well as the gas (the holes don't appear to be drilled yet for the masters).

Just my $0.02

You'll have it before you know it.

Dan
KC- Genesis 427-SO, 482-CI - 622 FWHP/630 FWTQ "Almost" too much power.....

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 04:02:38 AM »
Hi Dan, thanks for the comments.  As its an automatic car (bum left knee) the clutch will be removed.  I don't think the pedals are positioned but this photo is about a month old.  Brake will slide more to the left and can be relocated, the whole shooting match will be disassembled for export to Indonesia so will have to start all over.  They are mocking it up to make sure all will fit around the right hand drive steering and re located pedals and insturments.  I'll send a email off and ask re. the gas pedal location...thanks for the heads up...I'm chomping at the bit, been on order since late Feb. but some of the speciality parts needed for the right hand drive were slow arriving...life's like that

Chris, you get used to driving on the right hand side pretty easily, only traffic circles can throw you for a loop.   I don't have trouble coming back and hopping into a car  here Stateside..or when I get back over in Indo...steering wheel will orient you.  Sure looks weird the first time you see one though, biggest problem is when someones drives as you tend to get in the wrong side...

MFE III

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM #1053
    • MSN Messenger - mferieg@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 10:19:43 PM »
Ken, I agree with Dan on the gas pedal position. You can either move the pedal mount to the left, or you can do a compound bend in the pedal arm for the right position - as I did.
Matt
HM 1053; 427w, TKO 600 (.82) IRS Cobra hybrid . . . burns both rubber and gas

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 06:22:31 AM »
Matt, any chance you have posted a pix on the site or can you post a close up of yours so I can follow it?  I appreciate the heads up on this...got lottsa time to fix it.  thanks, Ken

MFE III

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM #1053
    • MSN Messenger - mferieg@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
Ken, here's a pic of how I bent my gas pedal. I moved the entire pedal assembly 5/8" to the right which in turn pushed the gas pedal too far over. So I did the compound bend to bring the pedal back to center between the brake pedal and the firewall.
HM 1053; 427w, TKO 600 (.82) IRS Cobra hybrid . . . burns both rubber and gas

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 09:17:23 PM »
I wrote to Ron at Hurricane re. the pedal placement.  Waiting to hear back.  Bending the pedal should not be a problem.  Your set up looks good.  Hope it continues to go well, we will see what I get in the end.  Thanks for the suggestion and the photo.   Ken

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »
As HM1081 sat last week at Hurricane, some last minute fiddlin' to do then blow it apart, crate it up, ship it to LA via Stewart Transport, on the boat to Jakarta...trishaw to my garage.....photo's from Hurricane..

LMH

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM1023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 10:48:05 PM »
Looks like the top fits really well.
Larry

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 04:47:34 AM »
I thnk its the first one out of the mold.  Last I was told, the window fittings were being fitted and adjusted.  As always, the first one is the lab rat for the others and usually as soon as you get it home there are new improvements and refinements.   Seems like if this one does the job they could sell quite a few, particularly if they fit the orginal body shape though not sure about windshield mountings.  We are getting it so we can drive during the monsoon rains and use it year around, of couse we will need to drill holes in the floor boards to drain the water out from the deep water. :-X    Wonder if lining the front wheel wells and the trunk with styrofoam will make it  float?  ::)

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 05:11:04 AM »
These will probably be the last two photos I put up on the site until the kit arrives in Jakarta...assuming the ship makes it... :-/        The kit is done and these should give you a good shot of the new Hurricane Hardtop, you can contact them if you are interested.  Should come complete with all hardware and sliding windows.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 05:12:46 AM »
pix two

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
The kit was supposed to be delivered to the shippers in CA. over the weekend. (Nov. 3rd or so)  Everything is there to be shipped except radiator hoses which I'm leaning toward Cool Flex hoses at the moment.  Its tough to find  anything that might work here.  With luck the kit will arrive Mid-Jan.  Will update then.