Author Topic: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane  (Read 31889 times)

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:56:55 am »
HM 1081 will be the first Right Hand Drive Hurricane street roadster.  I currently own half of it after paying my down payment but not sure which half yet.  The kit will 100% unassembled and crated and shipped to North Jakarta, Indonesia.  It will be (head down low) powered by a warmed over Chevy 350 as I have not been able to find a trustworthy Ford mechanic in Indonesia.  Sorry guys.  The car will feature under car exhaust, twin roll bars and, a diversion from the street roadster, a hood scoop.  It will probably arrive sometime in early July so will start/continue the thread once it arrives.  Many thanks to Sid, Kahn and Larry for your tips, hints, encouragement and blog to get me convinced that a Hurricane was right for me.  
At this moment there are two Cobra replicas cruising the streets but neither are very accurate and were of a batch of four, two are lost in action as far as I know.  I still have one that has been undergoing renovation for the past 5 years and still has no paint.  The engine bay is too narrow for any V-8 or V-6 so it uses a 3.3 liter GM Holden in-line-six.  Its better than walking and few in Indonesia have seen a real one or even pictures though we never claim it to be a Cobra, its a Holden Roadster.  Anyway....the fun will begin shortly...after we get the old girl finished.   :)
I guess it will be tough to make it to any Hurricane Owners Group (new version of HOG?) meetings.
Ken Clarke
North Jakarta, Indonesia
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

66rdster

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM#1024
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:12:59 pm »
Hey Ken,
Congratulations on your new Hurricane!!!! Sounds like you've come up with a nice combo and the right hand drive should be interesting. Don't be sorry about the Chevy power, theres nothing wrong with that at all. I can't wait to see it going together.

Mike

LMH

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM1023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:54:19 am »
Hey Ken
Right hand drive would be really cool! Can't wait to see the photo's. Glad I was some help in your choice. Post photo's when the tie comes!
Larry

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57:44 pm »
No progress to report so far, have had some set backs and this without the car.

cobraspit

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 01:46:37 pm »
hey fuzz eric here, any word on kit arriving soon. just curious, any way this tues or wed im ordering eng & trans pkg. oh what fun more $ers gone, keep us posted my friend,
who art thou that is fuzzier than i ;D
from eric
the very venomus drooling man, cobraspit

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 02:04:21 pm »
Hi Eric,
I just got some photos from another Eric who visited Hurricane last Weds. and took a couple of photos for me, one of my finally finished motor though not alot to see:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 02:08:21 pm by fuzzy »

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:06:46 pm »
Dark Side motor, Chevy 350 with TH350 trans, when it gets to Jakarta, I will post some other photos.  They ran out of Ford Blue Paint.

cobraspit

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 06:48:23 pm »
i think it's cool you live so far away, the internet is cool for that, but any way you will have somethn'
different and that makes fuzzy the coolest. be paitient it will be fun maybe someday we could meet?
ive always liked how you go about your manner your top notch and i appreciate your convesation this is one of the funnest times in my LIFE.
are there real cobra's in Indonesia?
cobraspit, the one & only i must be a health hazard with all my spitn' around here ;D
eric.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 10:51:28 pm »
As the story goes that I have been told, in late '89 or 90, a local fiberglass guy here made 4 Cobra replicas as shown here, two with Suzuki chassis and motors and two with GM Holden chassis and motors.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:54:44 pm by fuzzy »

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 10:55:31 pm »
Attached here....

cobraspit

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 12:17:18 am »
neat pic, that car is way too nice what color will it be? remember you posted it earlier in the "whats fuzzy got i dont got?" anyway i hope your knee feels better i take glucosamine(osteo bi-flex) for my left shoulder and it works rather well. did you happen to see the colors on our build? hm#1082 i think the dark blue but every one is right could change our minds i still like the silver/blue stripe but we will see.
time is on our side for that choice.
have a very good time  ;)
eric(cs)

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 01:25:17 pm »
We were going to go with a bright medium blue set of strips and gloss black for the body but then we have been in primer for 18 months.  It passes the 50 50 test, need to get the seats redone and some other odds and ends.
My knee is fused shut, had ahlizaroth (can't spell it) done to my left leg where where they re-crack the femur and then each day pull the break apart one millimeter so it will grow new bone, grew almost 2" but my leg is still about 2" too short, lost a lot of bone at the accident and over the 3 other times it broke after the initial break.  The knee will never bend again unless rocket science meets orthopedic medicine.  But....I can still wiggle my toes and walk though with a very pronounced limp/gimp....and I can still drive an automatic....not sure what color the Hurricne will be but I have a feeling it will be black gel coat for quite a while.  Have to see how the reaction goes with  the local police in the area, no sense in overdoing the wanting attention factor.
ken

cobraspit

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 09:20:54 pm »
sounds like your knee got banged up pretty bad. all i know is my oldest son at 15 now 22 has had and always will until a miracle, has crones disease internal intestanal tract ect..out through those areas.
but enough ow! yes the colors today are endless i still even like the white and bue stripe, red is to catchy
in CA. but still i think ive always like the gun metal grays.
hot here other states on fire and some flooding, dont mind the Bible being right just kinda wanted to see
my grandson grow up, but hey im not scared just thankful and i hope you have fun today that's all
i try to do and get what needs to be done that day for me for family and work. so i tend to be goofy
to hide the pain but i'll never give up. keep the faith what ever yours maybe. i cant wait for the engine\trani but i have time then to do body work. so dial it in and BYAO(build your arss off)
and the best of the world to you.
typn' later.
cs

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 08:35:31 am »
Photos from Hurricane of mockup of HM1081 for fitting right hand steering and Chevy 350 and TH 350 trans.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:39:44 am by fuzzy »

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 08:40:45 am »
number 2, note location of where steering column comes through the fire wall, on left side of photo.  Driver sits on the opposite side of car in Indonesia, drives on right side of road instead of left like we do State side.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:49:52 am by fuzzy »